Related Gamer Articles
Ready for the next God?Posted by Johnna 'jhnnknc' Koonce on Mon, Jan 16 2012 at 09:45pm
The game starts out with Asura being praised for defeating his enemy Gohma, but upon his return he finds that he has been charged with the murder of the Emperor. As he flees the Imperial Guard, he makes his way home only to find his wife murdered and his daughter kidnapped. He desperately makes an attempt to rescue his beloved child, but is banished to Earth for his efforts.
Awakening twelve millennia later by a girl praying to him, he once again begins his fight for justice. Players will face the Imperial Guard, massive wildlife, battleships, and the Seven Deities. Asura doesn't level up or acquire abilities as in most RPG games, instead it depends on how 'angry' Asura is; at the max he will have six arms to fight with, as he loses health he loses arms. This game promises to bring to the table new and exciting ideas that break away from traditional action games, with the graphics playing out like an anime 'cartoon' and the game building up to one final climax.
A demo of the game was released on PSN and Xbox Live for users to play through and was a delightful surprise. The demo features two mission with the player starting out in the fifth episode, fighting a boss named Wysen. The game is filled with quick-time events that play out like a movie instead of jarring like in other games. It's important to pull off these quick-time events in time to perform some of Asura's more devastating moves on his enemies, which adds to the fun of the experience. Combat is fast-paced and alluring to make you pay attention to the scenes in-between the action. The style of art is the same as used in the many Naruto games, and it is a real strong point in the game and playing the demo was wonderful. I highly recommend it to anyone who is a fan of action style beat-'em up games, fans of the Naruto series, or fans of its publisher, Capcom.
Article Tag Cloud
Article Relates To:
- Day Of Infamy GiveawayPosted in Editorials, on Mon, Aug 29 2016 at 02:46pm
- 'Doorways' Review by Lefthook77Posted in Game Reviews, on Sun, Aug 21 2016 at 01:13pm
- Top 3 Wanted No Man's Sky FeaturesPosted in Editorials, on Sun, Aug 21 2016 at 04:07am
- No Man's SkyPosted in Game Reviews, on Tue, Aug 16 2016 at 03:10am
- No Image Specified'Brut@l' ReviewPosted in Game Reviews, on Sat, Aug 06 2016 at 01:12am
- No Image Specified'The Technomancer' ReviewPosted in Game Reviews, on Fri, Aug 05 2016 at 11:53pm
- No Image Specified'The Great Whale Road' Review by Lefthook77Posted in Game Reviews, on Tue, Aug 02 2016 at 03:18pm
- No Image Specified'The Magic Circle' Review by Lefthook77Posted in Game Reviews, on Mon, Aug 01 2016 at 12:59pm
- No Image Specified"Trial by Viking" Review by Lefthook77Posted in Game Reviews, on Mon, Jul 18 2016 at 09:06pm
- No Image Specified"The Culling" Review by Lefthook77Posted in Game Reviews, on Thu, Jul 14 2016 at 02:53pm