Related Gamer Articles
Ready for the next God?Posted by Johnna 'jhnnknc' Koonce on Mon, Jan 16 2012 at 09:45pm
The game starts out with Asura being praised for defeating his enemy Gohma, but upon his return he finds that he has been charged with the murder of the Emperor. As he flees the Imperial Guard, he makes his way home only to find his wife murdered and his daughter kidnapped. He desperately makes an attempt to rescue his beloved child, but is banished to Earth for his efforts.
Awakening twelve millennia later by a girl praying to him, he once again begins his fight for justice. Players will face the Imperial Guard, massive wildlife, battleships, and the Seven Deities. Asura doesn't level up or acquire abilities as in most RPG games, instead it depends on how 'angry' Asura is; at the max he will have six arms to fight with, as he loses health he loses arms. This game promises to bring to the table new and exciting ideas that break away from traditional action games, with the graphics playing out like an anime 'cartoon' and the game building up to one final climax.
A demo of the game was released on PSN and Xbox Live for users to play through and was a delightful surprise. The demo features two mission with the player starting out in the fifth episode, fighting a boss named Wysen. The game is filled with quick-time events that play out like a movie instead of jarring like in other games. It's important to pull off these quick-time events in time to perform some of Asura's more devastating moves on his enemies, which adds to the fun of the experience. Combat is fast-paced and alluring to make you pay attention to the scenes in-between the action. The style of art is the same as used in the many Naruto games, and it is a real strong point in the game and playing the demo was wonderful. I highly recommend it to anyone who is a fan of action style beat-'em up games, fans of the Naruto series, or fans of its publisher, Capcom.
Article Tag Cloud
Article Relates To:
- Voice Messaging Is Coming to the Xbox OnePosted in Gaming News, on Sat, Mar 28 2015 at 08:34am
- SpotiStation or Playtify?Posted in Editorials, on Sat, Mar 28 2015 at 07:33am
- Round One of the April Xbox One Update Is Now in PreviewPosted in Gaming News, on Thu, Mar 26 2015 at 03:09pm
- Twitch gets hackedPosted in Gaming News, on Tue, Mar 24 2015 at 03:31am
- Interview with Troy "Revolver Ocelot" BakerPosted in Editorials, on Tue, Mar 24 2015 at 03:30am
- Interview with David "Solid Snake" HayterPosted in Videos, on Fri, Mar 13 2015 at 03:35am
- User Video Submissions from March.Posted in Videos, on Fri, Mar 06 2015 at 03:42pm
- Unreal Engine 4 goes Free-for-allPosted in Gaming News, on Fri, Mar 06 2015 at 08:44am
- Mad Games Tycoon ReviewPosted in Game Reviews, on Mon, Mar 02 2015 at 10:37pm
- Treyarch to make the 2015 Call of DutyPosted in Gaming News, on Sat, Feb 07 2015 at 02:55am