Related Gamer Articles
Ready for the next God?Posted by Johnna 'jhnnknc' Koonce on Mon, Jan 16 2012 at 09:45pm
The game starts out with Asura being praised for defeating his enemy Gohma, but upon his return he finds that he has been charged with the murder of the Emperor. As he flees the Imperial Guard, he makes his way home only to find his wife murdered and his daughter kidnapped. He desperately makes an attempt to rescue his beloved child, but is banished to Earth for his efforts.
Awakening twelve millennia later by a girl praying to him, he once again begins his fight for justice. Players will face the Imperial Guard, massive wildlife, battleships, and the Seven Deities. Asura doesn't level up or acquire abilities as in most RPG games, instead it depends on how 'angry' Asura is; at the max he will have six arms to fight with, as he loses health he loses arms. This game promises to bring to the table new and exciting ideas that break away from traditional action games, with the graphics playing out like an anime 'cartoon' and the game building up to one final climax.
A demo of the game was released on PSN and Xbox Live for users to play through and was a delightful surprise. The demo features two mission with the player starting out in the fifth episode, fighting a boss named Wysen. The game is filled with quick-time events that play out like a movie instead of jarring like in other games. It's important to pull off these quick-time events in time to perform some of Asura's more devastating moves on his enemies, which adds to the fun of the experience. Combat is fast-paced and alluring to make you pay attention to the scenes in-between the action. The style of art is the same as used in the many Naruto games, and it is a real strong point in the game and playing the demo was wonderful. I highly recommend it to anyone who is a fan of action style beat-'em up games, fans of the Naruto series, or fans of its publisher, Capcom.
Article Tag Cloud
Article Relates To:
- The Codec Episode 19 Gaming NewsPosted in Podcast, on Mon, Oct 12 2015 at 06:32am
- The Codec Episode 18 Interview with MGS Community ManagerPosted in Podcast, on Mon, Oct 12 2015 at 06:24am
- The Codec Episode 17 Interview with Heather HalleyPosted in Podcast, on Mon, Oct 12 2015 at 06:08am
- User Video Submissions - October 2015Posted in Videos, on Wed, Sep 30 2015 at 06:28am
- Blues and Bullets Review 8/10 Posted in Game Reviews, on Tue, Sep 29 2015 at 05:21pm
- BattlBox Mission 6 Review 9/10Posted in Product Reviews, on Sat, Sep 26 2015 at 02:15am
- The Codec Episode 16 Interview with H-Hour Posted in Podcast, on Wed, Sep 23 2015 at 11:15pm
- The Codec Episode 15 Gaming NewsPosted in Podcast, on Sat, Sep 19 2015 at 02:15am
- Game Scope ReviewPosted in Product Reviews, on Fri, Sep 11 2015 at 08:04pm
- The Codec Episode 14 Interview with Guy CihiPosted in Podcast, on Wed, Sep 09 2015 at 11:32pm