Related Gamer Articles
FraggedNation Playstation Conference: The Recap
FraggedNation Playstation Conference: The Recap
We give you a quick written and video recap of the Playstation Conference from February 20th where the PS4 was announced with multiple game titles. Read More....Posted by DBLDeathDealer on Thu, Feb 21 2013 at 06:25am
Below is a video recap, in case you don't like to read with Crysis 3 in the background as we quickly discuss the conference.
Hopefully you had an opportunity to watch the Playstation conference on February 20, 2013 and you were able to get a taste of the future. Gaming has come a long way over the years. Sony's last console release was in 2003 with the Playstation 3. The Playstation conference was a testament that there is still so much more that can be achieved inside of gaming and we are all looking forward to it.
Although Playstation did not tell us before hand what the conference was about, the gaming community was obviously focused on the fact it would be about the Playstation 4. It is important to say this because there are loads of blogs, tweets, and posts asking where the images of the actual Playstation 4 were. Seeing as the PS4 is not coming out until the holiday season of 2013, why would they show it now? Sony hit the mark with their conference and focused on what they should have - "the future of gaming."
We have an additional article on the newly released wireless dualshock 4. You can find that article at THIS LINK. The main points to recap on the controller is the ability to instantly share images and videos of gameplay on Facebook with a single press of the "Share" button. Additionally, if you enjoy streaming then you will have the ability to broadcast real-time through the Playstation 4 on the UStream website.
The Playstation Network is finally going to leverage the Gaikai technology. They were able to show the ability for the PS Vita to play PS4 games over Wi-Fi. Playstation has also announced that most of the PS4 games will be playable on PS Vita. Finally, they are releasing a Playstation Application on iPhone, iPad, and Android with is simply a second screen. It will allow players to watch you game or comment on things you are doing in game. There is much more we need to learn about this ability, but cloud gaming has finally come to consoles.
Developers are the key to the platforms for many reason. Sony has reached out to the developers in full force and included them to become part of the process in developing the next PS4. Obviously, this was not a short term decision but there where multiple developers shown who took part in creating what we all hope to see with the PS4's release during the 2013 holiday season. Here is a quick video of that portion of the conference.
As you can tell from the video, developers were a key component to the future of gaming. It was also great to see that Blizzard and Sony now have a strategic partnership. Blizzard announced Diablo III is coming to the Playstation but it makes you wonder what other games we may see in the future. Activision was also on hand to announce the addition of Destiny to the Playstation family. They will also be creating exclusive content for Playstation.
Last but not least, there were a good amount of games announced during the conference. Some of these games will come in other articles as we dissect the game and what we expect to see from them. The list of games announced were:
- Killzone Shadow Fall
- InFamous Second Son
- Deep Down
- The Witness
- Watch Dogs
- Diablo III
What did you think about the Playstation 4 announcement and what are the necessities for this next-gen console to have for you to purchase?
Article Tag Cloud
- Warframe Releases Update 11Posted in Gaming News, on Thu, Nov 21 2013 at 12:11pm
- SteelSeries introduces the Rival Optical Gaming MousePosted in Editorials, on Wed, Oct 23 2013 at 01:27pm
- The New SteelSeries 9H Headset Is Available For Pre-Order NowPosted in Product Previews, on Tue, Oct 15 2013 at 06:05pm
- Heva Clonia Online Begins Open Beta Testing on October 17, 2013Posted in Gaming News, on Tue, Oct 08 2013 at 08:04am
- New SteelSeries Siberia Elite Headset Available For Pre-Order NowPosted in Editorials, on Tue, Sep 17 2013 at 11:30am
- Friday the 13th has never been so lucky!Posted in Game Previews, on Fri, Sep 13 2013 at 02:09pm
- Heva Clonia Online, new Free-to-Play MMORPGPosted in Game Previews, on Thu, Sep 05 2013 at 09:50am
- Payday 2 ReviewPosted in Game Reviews, on Fri, Aug 23 2013 at 08:31am
- SteelSeries introduces the next generation of gaming audioPosted in Gaming News, on Fri, Aug 23 2013 at 04:50am
- SteelSeries & ArenaNet announce the Guild Wars 2 Gaming KeyboardPosted in Gaming News, on Wed, Aug 14 2013 at 04:27pm