• Welcome to the new FraggedNation.com!
  • Need help? Click Here!
  • Check out the latest Gamer News
  • New features added daily!
FraggedNation Home

General Discussion

Graphics and Design

Design a Mouse Mat (Official Contest) EXTENDED to the 15th of April

General Forums Index»Graphics and Design»Design a Mouse Mat (Official Contest) EXTENDED to the 15th of April
Go to:12345

craig1337h

United States
MrBlood666 wrote:
craig1337h wrote:
Why does there need to be an age limit

It is definitely a Legal thing.
Likely because in the USA anyone under the age of 18 is technically a Juvenile (not an Adult), so they would need parental consent.

you are making a picture not applying for a job

i suck yes
Private Message userView ProfileMSN Instant MessageXFire Instant Message

MrBlood666Member Rating: Credible

United States
craig1337h wrote:
MrBlood666 wrote:
craig1337h wrote:
Why does there need to be an age limit

It is definitely a Legal thing.
Likely because in the USA anyone under the age of 18 is technically a Juvenile (not an Adult), so they would need parental consent.

you are making a picture not applying for a job

But the Picture will become the Property of FraggedNation and sold to produce Money (Revenue) to support the site.

Besides, In the state of Virginia you can apply for jobs at age 16, or as young as 14 with a Worker's Permit.

joeyyy

Last Earned Achievements:Carlito

United States
Anyone that wants can work off my design if they want to. I made all the designs myself except the logo and text provided. I will add more to it later when I get time. Maybe some words that I see thrown around here a lot like "Frag On!"
Like I said before, feel free to work off my ideas.
P.S This is my first time using Photoshop in a couple years and I went from using CS2 to CS4 and it's all so crazy to me right now.

Private Message userView Profile

United States
Can I submit my entries but Request to not be awarded anything? i.e. if any of mine were to win, the prize is given to the next person or what have you?

ChewittMember Rating: l337

Last Earned Achievements:5 YearsHub of InformationAnswering MachineRadio Operator4 Years

United Kingdom

Subject: Design a Mouse Mat (Official Contest)

you can put them up yeah, i will get some advice on if we can do anything about the age limit.

And did you know that in the US you are no longer a juvenile in some states from the age of 16...

Private Message userView ProfileMSN Instant MessageView user websiteXFire Instant MessageSkype Voice CommunicationSteam ID
Last edited by ChewittMember Rating: l337 on 03-24-10 at 02:43am Edited 1 time(s) total

ChilbotMember Rating: Respectable

United States
im in sounds like fun

Last Earned Achievements:5 YearsHub of InformationAnswering MachineRadio Operator4 Years

United Kingdom
The age limit is now gone, i have removed it from the disclaimer and the competition age bracket is covered by the FN ToS what can be found on this link http://www.fraggednation.com/proxy/tos

Private Message userView ProfileMSN Instant MessageView user websiteXFire Instant MessageSkype Voice CommunicationSteam ID

United States
Woohoo!!!

I suppose legally your not considered. Since I'm 17, with a job and car insurance payments. Paying taxes, I probably don't qualify as a Juv.

Anyway, I actually plan on doing different designs since there are a ton of games. Maybe do a Basic one... I'll submit this evening.

L33THamOfMoose

United States
ill work something up tonight

Private Message userView Profile

Eindbaas

Netherlands

Subject: Design a Mouse Mat (Official Contest)

Here's a low res thing I made this afternoon. Tell me what you think, or copy off it, I don't care.

Also, I have put a bevel on the FraggedNation logo. Don't know if that is allowed??

Private Message userView ProfileView user websiteXFire Instant Message
Last edited by Eindbaas on 03-25-10 at 08:51am Edited 1 time(s) total

DBLDeathDealerMember Rating: Godmode
Community StreamersGlobal Director

Last Earned Achievements:5 YearsApplicantMouthpieceSmoke SignalsHub of Information

United States
Very Nice joeyyy and Eindbaas.

As for the bevel Eindbaas, it is your design, so make it look as you would want it.

That is some GREAT WORK!!

DBL

United Kingdom
Well current i have entry's from Tater and MrBlood in my inbox, the judges will have a gallery set up that they have access to were they are able to view all the entry's

ForgetfulMember Rating: Honorable

Last Earned Achievements:5 Years4 Years3 Years1 YearProclaimer

Canada
I'm on this..

Delightning.com - Personal VFX Journal

United Kingdom
We have extended the contest to give people time to get there entries in, you can find the new info in the first post.

SwitchMember Rating: Godmode
Global Director

Last Earned Achievements:Almighty CreditsHub of InformationAnswering MachineRadio OperatorStyling!

United States
Sweet!!

En famulus invicem nos fio solvo

`Focus is the fine line between serenity and rage` - Kyoshi John Sullivan
Private Message userView ProfileAOL Instant MessageMSN Instant MessageView user website

BanditMember Rating: l337

Last Earned Achievements:Hub of InformationAnswering MachineRadio OperatorGooberShowed up

United Kingdom

Subject: Design a Mouse Mat (Official Contest) EXTENDED

This is just for fun and not an entry.

I surprised myself, I really don't like my own submission

I don't have any more time to produce another so I hope others will drop by with their examples soon.

Private Message userView ProfileView user website
Last edited by BanditMember Rating: l337 on 03-26-10 at 12:33pm Edited 2 time(s) total

United Kingdom
Thats cool Bandit, So we have some cool designs lets see what Gaming themes people can come up with.

United States
here's one I just made for fun

ForgetfulMember Rating: Honorable

Last Earned Achievements:5 Years4 Years3 Years1 YearProclaimer

Canada
Here's my entry. I might do another If I have time

Delightning.com - Personal VFX Journal

The Real LPMember Rating: GodmodeStaff Rank:Brigadier General
Community StreamersOperations StaffPlatform Director

Last Earned Achievements:5 YearsAdmirersNext Season YetProfessional VoterTake it in

United States
Blood, i LOVE it....i am so considering buying that one if it gets put up...

Xbox 360 =

Go to:12345

There are 16 members logged in, and 663 guest(s).
[Global Directors], [Operations], [Platform Directors], [Game Directors], [Head Admins], [Referees], [Community Staff], [News Team

TrocaTwixPTMember Rating: Veteran, Stxnee, yahtzy, suya91Member Rating: Respectable, NemoMen, hbk314, WorldGaming.com, NinjaNife, zombotomy°, SAH-Nitro, bAZANI_NLMember Rating: Respectable, TheNate96, MazakurMember Rating: VeteranStaff Rank:Corporal°, [FFK]_Don_Jenik, henry2kill4all°, iiiFlaSh_Member Rating: Honorable

There are 169,196 accounts registered, and 31,714 teams competing on all 2,072 Ladders, and 1,778 Tournaments.

FraggedNation has had 167,796,504 hits since 09-15-2003. 8,046 hits today, and 47,789 hits yesterday.Page Rendered in 0.3742(s)

2011 Nation Fusion, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Website engine's code is copyright by FraggedNation.com and Nation Fusion, Inc.
FraggedNation.com is powered by Proteus v3.2 2008 by Mainstay Technologies
Privacy Policy, Terms of Service