General Discussion

Hardware & Software Discussions

Laptop Support Needed

MetalNytemareMember Rating: Bounty Hunter

Last Earned Achievements:Cross De LenaGrasshopper3 YearsTechyGIft of Gab

United States

Subject: Laptop Support Needed

Hello everyone,

I own a Sony Vaio Laptop computer (Model: PCG-61611L)

So, problem.

My Vaio laptop refuses to start up. I have tried everything that I can think of. I get to the Insyde H2O just fine (the opening screen). Then, it takes me to two options: 'Start Windows Normally' and 'Repair Windows (Recommended)'. I have gone through the F8 and F5 menu and have done almost every option possible. Safe Mode won't even load up.

The furthest I get in the 'Repair Windows (Recommended)' screen is 'Loading Files', then nothing, pitch black. The furthest I get in the 'Windows Starting Up' screen is nothing, will sit at that screen for 5 minutes then go to 'No Operating System Found' which can't be right considering there are still System32 files that show up when 'repairing'. Then, the computer will restart again and the process repeats.

I know that if the HDD failed, I need a new one, and it seems that way. BUT, it is suspicious that I could have a worm or virus considering that our desktop started to do the same thing, at the same time.

So, suggestions?

Thanks!

Metal

Suggestions?

"If your attack is going too well, you are falling into an ambush."
"Whenever I'm caught between two evils, I take the one I have never tried."
Private Message userView ProfileAOL Instant MessageMSN Instant MessageSkype Voice CommunicationSteam ID

KillSkreenMember Rating: Veteran

Last Earned Achievements:2 YearsHub of InformationAnswering MachineRadio Operator1 Year

United States
Do you even get to the "windows logo" screen? just curios...Ok never mind, I missed it on my first reading. So, when you do does it stay there or it gives you the OS system error every time?

Private Message userView ProfileView user websiteXFire Instant MessageSkype Voice CommunicationSteam ID
Last edited by KillSkreenMember Rating: Veteran on 02-14-12 at 12:39pm Edited 1 time(s) total

MetalNytemareMember Rating: Bounty Hunter

Last Earned Achievements:Cross De LenaGrasshopper3 YearsTechyGIft of Gab

United States
It goes like this.

When turned on, it will get to the Bios Hydro (or whatever it is) screen then go to the Windows is Starting up screen. From there, if I do not push anything, it will load, and load....and load.....and load. Five minutes later it will say "No OS found"

When I go to the menus before trying to load Windows and I try Safe Mode, Same thing.

I am thinking maybe the HDD failed considering it can't get passed Window's loading screen. At least, that is my guess. If the HDD failed, wouldn't it just black screen from the get go?

"If your attack is going too well, you are falling into an ambush."
"Whenever I'm caught between two evils, I take the one I have never tried."
Private Message userView ProfileAOL Instant MessageMSN Instant MessageSkype Voice CommunicationSteam ID

KillSkreenMember Rating: Veteran

Last Earned Achievements:2 YearsHub of InformationAnswering MachineRadio Operator1 Year

United States
MetalNytemare wrote:
It goes like this.

When turned on, it will get to the Bios Hydro (or whatever it is) screen then go to the Windows is Starting up screen. From there, if I do not push anything, it will load, and load....and load.....and load. Five minutes later it will say "No OS found"

When I go to the menus before trying to load Windows and I try Safe Mode, Same thing.

I am thinking maybe the HDD failed considering it can't get passed Window's loading screen. At least, that is my guess. If the HDD failed, wouldn't it just black screen from the get go?

HDD failure is not a bad guess on this specific case, now let me ask you this..do you have another computer that you can use to troubleshoot your laptop?

Private Message userView ProfileView user websiteXFire Instant MessageSkype Voice CommunicationSteam ID

xninjaxassassinx

United States
I know it was said before, but do you have a spare OS disk laying around? If so try booting through the disk and seeing if that helps. To me it seems like this "Bug" that you have may have deleted some of the crucial System32 files that you need to boot properly. If its not that then i have no idea.

Private Message userView ProfileView user websiteSkype Voice Communication

There are 11 members logged in, and 581 guest(s).
[Global Directors], [Operations], [Platform Directors], [Game Directors], [Head Admins], [Referees], [Community Staff], [News Team

venomator, thebritisheagle°, no0btastic°, yahtzy°, Saint_seiya°, NaDeRMember Rating: Credible°, Edmay020Member Rating: Credible°, Dark FireMember Rating: Bounty HunterStaff Rank:Brigadier General°, MGBOORMember Rating: Credible°, WHAT[FuN]GUY[FN]Member Rating: Bounty Hunter°, [HPS]*r0|/)Nd*Member Rating: Veteran°

There are 169,862 accounts registered, and 31,827 teams competing on all 2,092 Ladders, and 1,801 Tournaments.

FraggedNation has had 168,705,004 hits since 09-15-2003. 7,128 hits today, and 72,395 hits yesterday.Page Rendered in 0.1568(s)

2011 Nation Fusion, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Website engine's code is copyright by FraggedNation.com and Nation Fusion, Inc.
FraggedNation.com is powered by Proteus v3.2 2008 by Mainstay Technologies
Privacy Policy, Terms of Service