General Discussion

Site Suggestion Box

Points/Kudos System

Go to:12

DrakeShepardMember Rating: Honorable

Last Earned Achievements:2 YearsLadder OrganizerSupportRadio OperatorTrainer

Ireland

Subject: Points/Kudos System

When people like a particular topic or found it helpful they give a person a point/kudo...these points (1 per person) put the forumers into different ranks....the more points you get, the higher the rank you are and your rank could be called 'dedicated' or 'addicted poster' etc....it gets harder as you go up which means more posting and helping <-- what we need, more help

Private Message userView ProfileSkype Voice Communication

MetalNytemareMember Rating: Bounty Hunter

Last Earned Achievements:Cross De LenaGrasshopper3 YearsTechyGIft of Gab

United States
Aside from what we previously had, which was the percentile status bar that grew percentage wise per post. It would get increasingly harder per rank. What he means here (correct me if I'm wrong, Drake) Is a Kudos type system almost like Facebook.

A person would have the option to click a 'Thank you' or 'Like' button if someone found your post to be helpful. This would tie into the Forum ranking that way the more helpful you are, the higher you are ranked!

I love the idea.

Metal

"If your attack is going too well, you are falling into an ambush."
"Whenever I'm caught between two evils, I take the one I have never tried."
Private Message userView ProfileAOL Instant MessageMSN Instant MessageSkype Voice CommunicationSteam ID

Ireland
MetalNytemare wrote:
Aside from what we previously had, which was the percentile status bar that grew percentage wise per post. It would get increasingly harder per rank. What he means here (correct me if I'm wrong, Drake) Is a Kudos type system almost like Facebook.

A person would have the option to click a 'Thank you' or 'Like' button if someone found your post to be helpful. This would tie into the Forum ranking that way the more helpful you are, the higher you are ranked!

I love the idea.

Metal

Correct

United States

Private Message userView ProfileAOL Instant MessageMSN Instant MessageSkype Voice CommunicationSteam ID

Ireland
its more or less the same as the PS3 forums

Lorenzo1992Member Rating: l337

Last Earned Achievements:Groupies2 YearsOver-AchieverLadder PublicistMentor

Belgium
I also think it is a good idea

Private Message userView ProfileMSN Instant MessageView user websiteXFire Instant MessageSkype Voice Communication

]TKK[**AkemiMember Rating: Bounty Hunter

Last Earned Achievements:3 Years2 YearsCommunicatorBloggerHub of Information

Japan
This has already been suggested by Mash|FN| before... but I agree, it's a good idea to have a Like This Post.

Thx z3r0^ for the sig. from Global Unreal.
Private Message userView ProfileMSN Instant MessageXFire Instant MessageSkype Voice CommunicationSteam ID

Houdini.Member Rating: Godmode
Forum Moderators

Last Earned Achievements:2 YearsBandelloRate ThisBusiness FirstTake it in

United States
This has my support. I would love to see a "like" button on FN forums.

Private Message userView ProfileView user websiteSkype Voice Communication

RampantEpsilonMember Rating: Bounty HunterStaff Rank:Brigadier General
Community StreamersServer HostingPlatform Director

Last Earned Achievements:Pro Challenger3 YearsPrematch ChatterOne Day at a TimeGrasshopper

United States
I like the idea, but how do you combat against people going around telling everyone on the site to "Like" their post and cheating the system that way?

|
Private Message userView ProfileAOL Instant MessageView user websiteXFire Instant MessageSkype Voice CommunicationSteam ID

Ireland
RampantEpsilon wrote:
I like the idea, but how do you combat against people going around telling everyone on the site to "Like" their post and cheating the system that way?

Well first of all how many people would actually do that as that can become VERY annoying...its different if its your rank they want you to rate as you can return the favour but not with likes. I wouldn't see that as a major problem though

Last Earned Achievements:Pro Challenger3 YearsPrematch ChatterOne Day at a TimeGrasshopper

United States
DrakeShepard wrote:
RampantEpsilon wrote:

Well first of all how many people would actually do that as that can become VERY annoying...its different if its your rank they want you to rate as you can return the favour but not with likes. I wouldn't see that as a major problem though

Well, we are on a competitive site. People will try to get to the highest rank by any means necessary. It's not something to toss to the side and wait until it happens. See my point?

People tend to be very annoying with the ratings and this would fall in the same category.

|
Private Message userView ProfileAOL Instant MessageView user websiteXFire Instant MessageSkype Voice CommunicationSteam ID

OrangUtangMember Rating: Godmode
Forum ModeratorsOperations Staff

Last Earned Achievements:Repeat Second PlaceDevoteesTutorFocused GamerFocus Mime

Ghana
RampantEpsilon wrote:
DrakeShepard wrote:
RampantEpsilon wrote:

Well, we are on a competitive site. People will try to get to the highest rank by any means necessary. It's not something to toss to the side and wait until it happens. See my point?

People tend to be very annoying with the ratings and this would fall in the same category.

I would say, only from a certain rank you can like a post (Respectable for example), this would eliminate dummy-accounts that keep rating a post up. Also, only one like per post per account, and maybe a time-frame or rating-frame (Error! Please wait another 24hours to like this persons' post, or: Error! Please rate another person before rating this post.

Don't raise your voice, improve your argument!

Signature by FRAG V1PER.
Private Message userView ProfileView user websiteXFire Instant MessageSteam ID

Forum Moderators

United States
I think the issues we would have with spammers would be the same as we have with the account reputation. I honestly don't think it is that big of an issue with people trying to get ratings for there account. Even if they are spamming, at least they are on the site and will probably contribute sometimes.

smitty2213Member Rating: VeteranStaff Rank:Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Last Earned Achievements:2 YearsAdmirersOpinions RuleYou have Blogged!1 Year

United States
Maybe only allow a specific amount of likes/dislikes for a rank. (i.e. one rank will get 5 likes/dislikes and the next 10 and so on).

Private Message userView ProfileAOL Instant MessageView user websiteSkype Voice CommunicationSteam ID

Forum Moderators

United States
Even if we don't implement a "rank" system for the likes/dislikes other than maybe an achievement or two, the system would be really useful if people could sort forums by "likes," then they could find the posts that are useful quickly.

United States
Houdini. wrote:
Even if we don't implement a "rank" system for the likes/dislikes other than maybe an achievement or two, the system would be really useful if people could sort forums by "likes," then they could find the posts that are useful quickly.

Oh, yeah. Don't get me wrong. I love the idea. It's just when you start talking about ranks I start thinking about how people abuse the rating system.

|

United States
Let's just throw the whole 'ranks' term out.

This is more about helping people. It's more like giving credit where credit is due, you know? We can have a fun little tracker that says: "Thanks x amount of times" "X amount of people Liked your posts" and so on and so forth. Not a huge emphasis on the rank ordeal.

Look at it this way too. It would be a great way for a member to instantly see on someone's profile how helpful someone can be. Therefore, members ask more questions, and more members learn the site.

That's my view on this.

Metal

United States
MetalNytemare wrote:

This is more about helping people. It's more like giving credit where credit is due, you know? We can have a fun little tracker that says: "Thanks x amount of times" "X amount of people Liked your posts" and so on and so forth. Not a huge emphasis on the rank ordeal.

Look at it this way too. It would be a great way for a member to instantly see on someone's profile how helpful someone can be. Therefore, members ask more questions, and more members learn the site.

That's my view on this.

Metal

Like I said, I love the idea. It's just hearing people getting ranked is what I was more looking at.

Definitely, great idea here.

+1

|

]TKK[**AkemiMember Rating: Bounty Hunter

Last Earned Achievements:3 Years2 YearsCommunicatorBloggerHub of Information

Japan
MetalNytemare wrote:

That's my view on this.

Metal

What I thought of saying lol.

Thx z3r0^ for the sig. from Global Unreal.
Private Message userView ProfileMSN Instant MessageXFire Instant MessageSkype Voice CommunicationSteam ID

Forum Moderators

United States
MetalNytemare wrote:

That's my view on this.

Metal

I agree. Let's get this system implemented.

Go to:12

There are 24 members logged in, and 389 guest(s).
[Global Directors], [Operations], [Platform Directors], [Game Directors], [Head Admins], [Referees], [Community Staff], [News Team

SIS_SUBBU, FGH-Lovely-libra, Geronimo-P, glitched monkey, SZTriumph675°, hmkt, looklook, hust1e-Member Rating: RespectableStaff Rank:Corporal, hbk314, ReFFlex_, Audi-Nutz°, IfunkYOURface°, NinjaNife, BlargGamingYT, LoH Potato°, DEVIL_KRATOS93, RedSun_NeokaylMember Rating: Credible°, TroJan Danger°...Show All 24 Online Members

There are 170,835 accounts registered, and 32,001 teams competing on all 2,121 Ladders, and 1,850 Tournaments.

FraggedNation has had 169,783,142 hits since 09-15-2003. 21,579 hits today, and 46,822 hits yesterday.Page Rendered in 1.1638(s)

2011 Nation Fusion, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Website engine's code is copyright by FraggedNation.com and Nation Fusion, Inc.
FraggedNation.com is powered by Proteus v3.2 2008 by Mainstay Technologies
Privacy Policy, Terms of Service