Crysis 3XBox 360

XBOX360: Crysis 3

General Discussion

Potential Competitive Settings / Gametypes

Game Director(s): None - [apply here]
Crysis 3 Index»General Discussion»Potential Competitive Settings / Gametypes
Go to:1234

GrindouTMember Rating: Credible

Last Earned Achievements:Completed a SeasonTattletaleShowed upChat MasterChallenger

United States

Subject: Potential Competitive Settings / Gametypes

Now I know you have a gametypes thread, but I wanted to create one that has succinct settings that could be used here and on other platforms.

Default game settings are in (red), changes are in green.

Crash Site:
Score Limit - 250 (200)
Time Limit - 15 Min (10 Min)
Respawn Delay - (7 seconds) **This may change depending on maps.

Spears
**Sadly you cannot change the time or the score limit. Would have been great at 150 instead of 100.

Capture the Relay:
Round Time Limit - 7 Min (No Limit) **There needs to be two rounds because the maps are asymmetrical.

General Settings:
Maximum Health - (Normal)
Health Regeneration - (Normal)
Friendly Fire - On (Off)
Radar - (Standard)
Headshots Only - (Off)
Disable VTOL - On (Off)
Disable Environmental Weapons (Off)
Custom Loadouts - (On)
Explosives - (On)
Force Weapon - (Disabled)
Infinite Ammo - (Off)
Infinite Stealth Mode - (Off)
Weapon Customisation - (On)
Nanosuit Modules - No Auto Armor (On)
Fatality Bonus - Off (On)
Support Bonus - Off (On)
Auto-Assign Teams - Off (On)
Nanosuit - (On)
Disable Ceph Weapons - On (Off)
Disable Pinger - On (Off)
Minimal Hud - (Off)
Kill Replay Camera - Off (On)
Spectator Camera - On (Off)

Banned Items:

(Explosives)
R.E.X. Charge (Promotes camping, mostly banned for Capture the Relay and camping own relay)
Jaw (Rocket launcher LuLz)

(Weapons)
Possibly L-Tag (I believe was banned in GB on Crysis 2, a ban for camping own Relay, and just spraying them at a crashsite)

**Map Choices may need to be looked at with the lack of competitive map options**
--------------------------------

These are settings I have seen work from Crysis 2 mixed with the new Crysis 3. I will be running customs of these settings this weekend after people have upgraded their guns and modules enough. Any changes will be posted.

Would love to hear your opinions and questions on why I chose the settings I did. TDM could also be played if people really want it though those could lead to more campy without an objective to move to. I believe those settings can be default in addition to the general settings.

Pro Multi-Gamer: MLG Rainbow 6 Vegas Pro. #1 Wolfenstien team, #1 FEAR 2 team, #1 Transformers WFC team, #1 Transformers FoC team, #1 Crysis 2 team, top 3 teams in many other games.

gt: GrindouT
Private Message userView Profile
Last edited by GrindouTMember Rating: Credible on 02-20-13 at 07:38am Edited 1 time(s) total

TG IronWolfMember Rating: Veteran

Last Earned Achievements:2 YearsThe Long HaulMentorFirst Place FinishSpammer!

United States
thanks for posting this. this will help in setting up ladder settings for different things. also polls will be going up soon on the maps and such as I am setting up a ladder right now for 4v4 competition.

DBLDeathDealerMember Rating: Godmode
Community StreamersGlobal DirectorHead Admin

Last Earned Achievements:5 YearsApplicantMouthpieceSmoke SignalsHub of Information

United States
Good stuff.

Thanks for posting this up for sure!

Private Message userView ProfileMSN Instant MessageView user websiteXFire Instant MessageSkype Voice CommunicationSteam ID

II nX IIMember Rating: Respectable

Last Earned Achievements:CarlitoNext Season YetTraveling SalesmanCompleted a SeasonConversationalist

United States
Force Weapon? What is that?

Disable Ceph Weapons and Support Bonuses? So basically what you want is everyone running around with the same perks? By taking away support bonuses, and Alien Weapons you intentially remove some of the perks in the game, which are their for balance and game-play variety. For example Level 3 of Heavy Weapon Pro gives more ammo for Alien and HMGs guns. Retriever allows longer and less tag Support Bonuses. When you start taking all the stuff out in a game you create an eliete community of players that will only teach the randoms how to be clones of each other by trying to play exactly like us with the same perks and loadouts, and while that may seem alright to you, it completely broke Crysis 2, and created a stale game in which most simply tried to emulate the greatness of a select few. Ask yourself, how many times a game do you get killed by an alien weapon. I get killed more from bow hoes and PRoxy users then anything else.

BAN PROXY if you are banning Auto Armor, because both are exploitative in their own way. Use your eyes to flush out, and know when they are coming, and do not rely on baby monitors letting you know the perfect time to leave the crash site or to Air Stomp someone below setting off your alarm. Guess you wont be banning things that you have been known to use yourself huh?

Why don't you play a few tournaments with default settings before you guys attempt to suck the fun and variety out of the game. See what works and what doesn't for this game, rather then simply basing perception on different games entirely. Do they really remove the Power Weapons from the map in Halo and Gears Tournaments?

---II nX II (Clan nX, Co-Captain)-- hit me up for competitive scrims.

Last Earned Achievements:CarlitoNext Season YetTraveling SalesmanCompleted a SeasonConversationalist

United States
Also Recon Perk, which has Directions during the Radar Bonus in rendered useless. Without auto armor do you realize how fast you will die from Typhoons and Marshal vs Elite type players with those guns. And you really want to be shot with cloaked bows from across the Map? Maybe you plan to play with Armor On the whole time? If you don't think I can learn to destroy with a bow that shoots from cloak the whole time and is super easy with a hit box twice the size of the nanosuit, just watch my first two montages (crysis 2 Sniping), one is in my signature.

United States
while rivalriees are fine on the battlefield keep it respectful these are just suggestions of things possibly being rolled out nothing is set in stone or concrete as of yet. as far as what can and can't be done. Auto armor can always be taken off and replaced with something else the same as the other modules can not a big deal.

MortiFy

Last Earned Achievements:Completed a SeasonShowed upTeam PlayerGreenhorn1 Year

United States
Solid settings GrindOut =]

Last Earned Achievements:Completed a SeasonTattletaleShowed upChat MasterChallenger

United States
King_Crysis wrote:
Force Weapon? What is that?

Disable Ceph Weapons and Support Bonuses? So basically what you want is everyone running around with the same perks? By taking away support bonuses, and Alien Weapons you intentially remove some of the perks in the game, which are their for balance and game-play variety. For example Level 3 of Heavy Weapon Pro gives more ammo for Alien and HMGs guns. Retriever allows longer and less tag Support Bonuses. When you start taking all the stuff out in a game you create an eliete community of players that will only teach the randoms how to be clones of each other by trying to play exactly like us with the same perks and loadouts, and while that may seem alright to you, it completely broke Crysis 2, and created a stale game in which most simply tried to emulate the greatness of a select few. Ask yourself, how many times a game do you get killed by an alien weapon. I get killed more from bow hoes and PRoxy users then anything else.

BAN PROXY if you are banning Auto Armor, because both are exploitative in their own way. Use your eyes to flush out, and know when they are coming, and do not rely on baby monitors letting you know the perfect time to leave the crash site or to Air Stomp someone below setting off your alarm. Guess you wont be banning things that you have been known to use yourself huh?

Why don't you play a few tournaments with default settings before you guys attempt to suck the fun and variety out of the game. See what works and what doesn't for this game, rather then simply basing perception on different games entirely. Do they really remove the Power Weapons from the map in Halo and Gears Tournaments?

I put out settings because nobody else will. I looked at the settings and tested them, along with knowing what works competitively in a general sense. Before trying to rag on someone who is trying to help, how about you actually go look at the settings and see what can be changed and not.

Force Weapon - That is making all people start with the same gun. That is why it is disabled, because that is abdsurd.

In the settings in Nanosuit Modules there is a specific settings for No Auto Armor, which is obviously put in foor noobs and there is even an achievement in the game for not using it LOL.

Once taking off Proxy Alarm then surveillance will have to go, hunter will have to go and other things. Scout the tier 1 goes away, but tier 2 is still there which would or could be a huge help.

Support Bonuses makes you lose retriever pretty much. Only one game has used killstreaks and that is Black Ops 2. Killstreaks/Support Bonuses can be detrimental to competitive play and were in Crysis 2 and would be in this one. Having Radar, means you don't rely on map awareness and team callouts/teamwork. Which is what you want standing out in competitive play.

At firstI I was interested in Alien Weapons being enabled, because it would be a new change and addition to the game. There are just to many on the map. If there was 1 or 2, I would say keep them in, but there are 4 and four overpowered weapons is a little too many. I agree with you how Halo and Gears for examples had powered weapons, but you could also switch which one were where and interchange them, which we can't on this game. Also they spawn every 2 minutes which provides to many power weapons to many times in a game.

AlphaSilverfang wrote:
while rivalriees are fine on the battlefield keep it respectful these are just suggestions of things possibly being rolled out nothing is set in stone or concrete as of yet. as far as what can and can't be done. Auto armor can always be taken off and replaced with something else the same as the other modules can not a big deal.

I have no rivalry. I am just trying to come up with competitive settings. I can't have a rivalry with anyone I have not played against. I am just trying to come in here open minded, not with a bias.

Pro Multi-Gamer: MLG Rainbow 6 Vegas Pro. #1 Wolfenstien team, #1 FEAR 2 team, #1 Transformers WFC team, #1 Transformers FoC team, #1 Crysis 2 team, top 3 teams in many other games.

Last edited by GrindouTMember Rating: Credible on 02-20-13 at 04:56pm Edited 1 time(s) total

cryteknicianMember Rating: Credible

Last Earned Achievements:Completed a SeasonTeam PlayerCompetitorConversationalistClassified Message

United States
grindouts proposed settings are pretty standard issue for most competitive games.

and they are pretty close to what the crysis 2 settings were for team games on both fn and gb.

i agree with those settings 100%

mid life crysis

United States
They remove some kill streaks in GB/FN not the while lot. Heartbeat sensors are banned though so by that logic take our proxy.

United States
King_Crysis wrote:
They remove some kill streaks in GB/FN not the while lot. Heartbeat sensors are banned though so by that logic take our proxy.

What logic are you talking about? Heartbeat sensors from halo?

Actually in every game they have taken out all killstreaks, besides Black Ops 2, and that is because of the scoring system. Though they have banned UAV, Care Package, Counter UAV, and VSAT for competitive play. Anything that can give you radar. Heartbeat sensors show where people are better than what Proxy does in this game. I understand the wanting to get rid of proxy, but I think the meta game for this game will not use proxy because of what some of the other modules give you. I know just in 2 days most of my squad doesn't use proxy, because we have awareness. Also, if you have a headset, you can hear footsteps so easily. Pretty much getting rid of Proxy will make more thing have to get rid of. Where AA is actually an option to ban.

Lastly, With no killcam, you can not see what the enemy is using on perks, so somebody could still use proxy alarm and none of you would know it.

United States
U would know someone is using proxy by the way they react unnaturally to a situation, which as you said about radar removes callout and awareness importance. Also there is an announcement when you get near someone with proxy. Basically the game is announcing things they feel are OP. they announce alien weapon pickup. Pinger spawns. Proxy nearby. Now if only they would announce the gawking deflection armor boosters spawning behind me ;p

Last Earned Achievements:Completed a SeasonTeam PlayerCompetitorConversationalistClassified Message

United States
i could see removing proxy in team play.
but should stay for singles.

singles macthes are already very slow paced taking away 1 way of finding somebody will worsen the already slow pace of singles.

mid life crysis

X_FluffyBunny_O

Last Earned Achievements:CarlitoNext Season YetCompleted a SeasonChat MasterVoter

United States
Idk about alien weapons:/ dont use em but I die by em!
No kill streaks? Kinda dont agree with that! Take em out of COD yes because of how many there are...if you look at C3, there isnt many lol! Plus I've had matchs(on a small map) against some of the BEST crysis players, a radar...is not as easy to get once you play some of these other guys in our clan!

But good stuff!

Respect and Honor!
^_^

burnOUT xFNAMember Rating: Honorable

Last Earned Achievements:2 YearsCarlitoCompleted a SeasonTraveling SalesmanEngineer

United States
I say no support either, it worked fine in Crysis 2 ladders in my opinion. Also, these are just suggestions and the ladder owners can change the settings at anytime. Take a chill pill. At least Grindout was kind enough to take time out of his day to type out all those settings.

Also a option to play Maximum TDM would be nice to AlphaSilverFang.

Private Message userView ProfileXFire Instant Message
Last edited by burnOUT xFNAMember Rating: Honorable on 02-21-13 at 12:54pm Edited 2 time(s) total

United States
Bl4ze64 wrote:
I say no support either, it worked fine in Crysis 2 ladders in my opinion. Also, these are just suggestions and the ladder owners can change the settings at anytime. Take a chill pill. At least Grindout was kind enough to take time out of his day to type out all those settings.

Also a option to play Maximum TDM would be nice to AlphaSilverFang.

i second this.

mid life crysis

United States
there is a poll out there for that guys. got the name mixed up with Promode from Crysis 2 but its the same thing. if you want to see that go on ahead and vote. the game modes and settings are still in the air. but are beginning to be narrowed down some.

Flintstone FlopMember Rating: Veteran

Last Earned Achievements:Shout Out3 YearsTexterCompleted a Season2 Years

United States
There should not be any kill streaks in a ladder match , See who get the most kills in a set time .

FNA Flintstone

United States
Typhoons need to banned from competitive tournaments. I have seen enough of this gun to ascertain that it is not balanced, it is cheap, and is the new Feline combined with AE3 to the power of two. Thus if an elite type player come in with a Typhoon he can often pick up several undeserved kills/ double kills, which eventually forces the entire opposing team to switch to typhoons---and lemme tell you that is not fun.

CryTek has an uncanny ability to create unbalanced suit modules (perks) and guns like no other company. They deserve an award for "The Developer Most Likely to break a potentially good MP game." The Typhoon takes no skill to wield and simply out classes all other SMGs and Assault Rifles in a mid to CQ situation. Here is my +1 for banning the Typhoon.

Last edited by II nX IIMember Rating: Respectable on 02-22-13 at 02:01pm Edited 1 time(s) total

United States
Also your settings for Killcams being off needs to be turned to ON. My reasons: Cloak is too good, design of maps too poor, with high, almost unattainable locations from which to just sit perched sniping/tagging the whole match unnoticed and undiscovered without a killcam.

The other reason is that cheating / use of mod controllers cannot be ascertained without kill-cams. I bumped into a player with a rapid fire Controller on his NOVA and Grendel, and it was absolutely devastating and obvious from the kill-cams to everyone.

Go to:1234

There are 36 members logged in, and 379 guest(s).
[Global Directors], [Operations], [Platform Directors], [Game Directors], [Head Admins], [Referees], [Community Staff], [News Team

LeSuisseQcMember Rating: Credible, TheRebornMember Rating: Veteran, el_drunken_hefe, [EST]PainMember Rating: l337°, Daley42Member Rating: HonorableStaff Rank:Private 2°, [FFK]_Don_Jenik, WHAT[FuN]GUY[FN]Member Rating: Bounty Hunter°, Bama2078Member Rating: HonorableStaff Rank:Private 1st Class°, TG CallumMember Rating: VeteranStaff Rank:Sgt. Major°, Anthonyleon96Member Rating: CredibleStaff Rank:Private 2°, OrangUtangMember Rating: Godmode°, HiVaccessdenied, bandit(IOIOIOIOIO), TRIPZOOM°, [ Nz ] ElectraMember Rating: Honorable°, Patopatton°, DEVIANT STONEZ°, jonidehaes°...Show All 36 Online Members

There are 172,558 accounts registered, and 32,242 teams competing on all 2,149 Ladders, and 1,881 Tournaments.

FraggedNation has had 171,288,085 hits since 09-15-2003. 16,997 hits today, and 42,146 hits yesterday.Page Rendered in 0.5688(s)

2011 Nation Fusion, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Website engine's code is copyright by FraggedNation.com and Nation Fusion, Inc.
FraggedNation.com is powered by Proteus v3.2 2008 by Mainstay Technologies
Privacy Policy, Terms of Service