• New features added daily!
FraggedNation Home

General Discussion

Community Announcements

Why FraggedNation?

Go to:12

DBLDeathDealerMember Rating: Godmode
Community StreamersGlobal Director

Last Earned Achievements:5 YearsApplicantMouthpieceSmoke SignalsHub of Information

United States

Subject: Why FraggedNation?

Over the many years I have been part of FraggedNation I get asked the following question: "Why FraggedNation?". I want to take a second to explain why I am here and what FraggedNation is all about.

I browsed and competed on numerous competitive sites in search of a place with my beliefs. When I found FraggedNation, the tag line matched my beliefs exactly:

"A Community of gamers. For gamers - By gamers. At FraggedNation the leagues are all yours; We just do the paperwork."

Why do I do this?

I do this because I believe in the idea of a community based site that cares about what the community cares about. A place that is unique with like minded gamers that can play without the fear of cheaters or glitchers. A location that provides the ability for individual players, teams, and clans to compete how they want to. Either public or private ladders and tournaments based on the players needs.

We strive to provide a place where you have a say in what and how competitive events are created, ruled, and managed. Somewhere you know that our focus is ensuring that it is as fair of a place to play as possible.

Finally, we strive to provide you options on how you play. Meaning giving you the ability to create your very own private and public ladders/tournaments to run with your individual communities without the need of any exterior management. If that is not your focus then we provide you competitions in the games you want and often times, we add prizes to heat up the competition even more.

Hopefully each of you find this somewhat insightful into why I am here. I do this because of each of you. I am a gamer focused on playing with other like minded gamers and developing the best possible competition for all levels of skills. Amatuer, Semi-Pro or Professional players.

The only way we can truly share such an amazing place is with your help. So, share with your friends, neighbors and enemies why FraggedNation is unique. Not because of what or how we do things. It is because of the "Why"!

So, now I have answered a question many of you have asked, Why are you at FraggedNation?

Private Message userView ProfileMSN Instant MessageView user websiteXFire Instant MessageSkype Voice CommunicationSteam ID
Last edited by DBLDeathDealerMember Rating: Godmode on 04-29-14 at 09:02pm Edited 1 time(s) total

OrangUtangMember Rating: Godmode
Forum ModeratorsOperations Staff

Last Earned Achievements:Repeat Second PlaceDevoteesTutorFocused GamerFocus Mime

Ghana
To put it straight: I came here because FraggedNation is the only place to support Unreal Tournament, and still does although the game is 13y old.

I stayed here because of the community and the friendly admins and I strongly believe there is a 'For gamers, by gamers'-Community.

Don't raise your voice, improve your argument!

Signature by FRAG V1PER.
Private Message userView ProfileView user websiteXFire Instant MessageSteam ID
Last edited by OrangUtangMember Rating: Godmode on 12-13-12 at 08:24pm Edited 2 time(s) total

el_marine1Member Rating: Bounty HunterStaff Rank:Sgt. Major
Community StreamersNews TeamGame Director

Last Earned Achievements:Poetry KingBecame a Game DirectorInfluence Peddler3 YearsDevotees

Spain
I started gaming at a late age. That is probably why other gaming websites seemed immature to me. I went from site to site, not looking for a competitive atmosphere but rather, looking for one that made sense. While one was strong in one feature it lacked in others. I also found out that the majority of the Admins were kids still in Middle Schools that didn't differentiate between fairness and favoritism.

I too was captivated by the slogan of FN;

"A Community of gamers. For gamers - By gamers. At FraggedNation the leagues are all yours; We just do the paperwork."

The first thing I did was applied for an Admin position. Not because I was interested, but rather because I wanted to see how easy someone could bypass mature security like the rest of the gaming sites. It was to my surprise when I had to fill out recommendations and links of proofs of my previous involvements as an Admin. I never finished that Admin application, it was all I needed to see.

Yet, it didn't end there. I was showered with greetings. All the way from Global Directors to newly registered members like me. My chatbox was overwhelmed with "Hi, what's up" and "Let's be friends and game" comments. I felt like.... home! The more I Logged In the harder it was to Log Out, I was sucked in quickly.

For those of you that has known me, I climbed up pretty fast. Some liked it and some didn't. Some helped me and some damned it. I have met some really great gamers along the way and I have learned so much from my mentor; DBLDeathDealer.

Unfortunately, and as the saying goes, what goes up must come down. Due to life situations and mishaps, little by little I have been stepped down from my position. Some has been voluntarily and some not. Yet, I maintain here in Fraggednation.

The question was why? lol!

It has always been my vision since I got here to see FN in the big leagues with the big boys. I can't leave without seeing it get there. Once it get there, I can look at it from a distance and say; "I planted seeds there!" and know I was part of the reason why it got there.

**IF YOU ARE HAPPY AND YOU KNOW IT, RATE ME A +10**
Private Message userView ProfileView user websiteSkype Voice Communication

DragonSoulkinMember Rating: Credible

Last Earned Achievements:Texter2 YearsLikedInviterFollow the Leader

United States
I had a small handful of BF BC2 matches way back. I originally came here because this was one of the venues that our prior clan (Brotherhood of Valor (BHV) (we are now known as Misfit Actual (MxA))) competed in. Since then all of our clan's competition matches have been through GameBattles since GRFS released and BF3 took on the rentaserver ordeal.

I will put out this. FraggedNation's match setups and website is a lot smoother and the website is so much more user friendly. GameBattles......their website is slop and the pairing between Xbox live account to username is extremely flawed on top of the website itself is extremely slow obviously engineered for PC gamers (or people with good computers). As the commanding officer of our GRFS regiment in MxA I will be making my staff schedule matches within FraggedNation. Hopefully we get more than just a pile of teams that play two matches and never compete again/teams that only play eachother to boost their ranks on the season ladder leaderboard.

You don't have to know how to play an instrument to make music, but you have to know how to make music to play an instrument.
Private Message userView ProfileMSN Instant MessageView user websiteSkype Voice Communication

SwitchMember Rating: Godmode
Global Director

Last Earned Achievements:Almighty CreditsHub of InformationAnswering MachineRadio OperatorStyling!

United States
Thanks for the insight, DBL - I think it's important for people to understand how loyal we are to our roots... to our core principles. It's the whole reason we opened the doors in the first place; to overcome other leagues that were corrupt, deaf, or just stagnant. We've only come this far because of the countless hours of volunteer work that has gone in to this great place, and we can continue to keep true to our core nature as long as we, as a community, continue to stay motivated and passionate. That's really what FN is right now, a shining beacon of gamer passion. How many other sites do you know that have been around, doing what we do, for a decade?! It's great to hear member feedback on this as well, since it's really easy to get caught up hearing only the complaints and not the praise.

So I know you weren't fishing for it, but thank you again DBL for everything you do to keep things rolling around here. I can only hope that we continue to grow and push toward the next great accomplishment - we're so close right now, we just need a few final pieces to fall into place before it truly takes flight.

Frag On!

En famulus invicem nos fio solvo

`Focus is the fine line between serenity and rage` - Kyoshi John Sullivan
Private Message userView ProfileAOL Instant MessageMSN Instant MessageView user website

TurfyLeek93Member Rating: Honorable

Last Earned Achievements:2 Years1 YearRadio OperatorVoterDesigner

United States
I love threads like this.. They always make me feel all squishy inside..

I joined FN due to my recent foray into competitive gaming (Granted, I'm not that great, though I really don't mind). I wanted my gaming to mean something to me, not simply a way to pass the time. After hearing about FN from a clan mate, I immediately popped on the site, created a team and away we went. As I looked around a little, I thought, "How great would it be to be a part of this awesome organization?" I threw an application in a a HA, having a feeling that I wouldn't be accepted since I wasn't quite familiar with the competitive gaming community.

Fortunately, I was accepted and ever since then, have felt like I've been here for a LONG time. I've been very warmly welcomed and have received the help I need to get me going.

Overall, I love the gaming community and I love being given the chance to serve them and make gaming as fun and stress-free as possible!

Private Message userView ProfileView user websiteSkype Voice Communication

DragonSoulkinMember Rating: Credible

Last Earned Achievements:Texter2 YearsLikedInviterFollow the Leader

United States
Scratch my above reason for staying in Fragged Nation. GameBattles doesn't support Ghost Recon Future Soldier anymore. They don't even keep a open ladder or anything for it they completely dropped it. At least here if there's even a slight interest in a game the staff here wont drop it just because it's not a big label anymore.

You don't have to know how to play an instrument to make music, but you have to know how to make music to play an instrument.
Private Message userView ProfileMSN Instant MessageView user websiteSkype Voice Communication

Last Earned Achievements:5 YearsApplicantMouthpieceSmoke SignalsHub of Information

United States
MxA DragonSoul wrote:
Scratch my above reason for staying in Fragged Nation. GameBattles doesn't support Ghost Recon Future Soldier anymore. They don't even keep a open ladder or anything for it they completely dropped it. At least here if there's even a slight interest in a game the staff here wont drop it just because it's not a big label anymore.

This is why I ended up here. All started back with Far Cry.

Private Message userView ProfileMSN Instant MessageView user websiteXFire Instant MessageSkype Voice CommunicationSteam ID

CannyMember Rating: Bounty Hunter

Last Earned Achievements:Obi-WanGIft of GabThe Long HaulOld SchoolShout Out

United States
I first come to know Fraggednation when I was a TuS clan member back 7 years ago. I since then created my own clan called {C-oPs} and became a ref, then moved up to HA then GD. I have never been any where else but here. We have a great team of admins spread across the community and thats why I like it here. I have a gaming company now called C-oPsGameHost.com and work with Fraggednation donating and hosting games here. Just a great place to be and enjoy gaming and communicating with people.

Private Message userView ProfileMSN Instant MessageView user websiteSkype Voice CommunicationSteam ID

Lorenzo1992Member Rating: l337

Last Earned Achievements:Groupies2 YearsOver-AchieverLadder PublicistMentor

Belgium
Why now Fragged Nation:

On another site like Fragged Nation began gradually to become silent. So has our clan reGeneration another site been searching and we ended up here. It's really great here on this site. Now I am working here as a referee and it's really fun to do. Also I have been here many nice people. I hope Fragged Nation in the future to get better.

Private Message userView ProfileMSN Instant MessageView user websiteXFire Instant MessageSkype Voice Communication

BanditMember Rating: l337

Last Earned Achievements:Hub of InformationAnswering MachineRadio OperatorGooberShowed up

United Kingdom
I found FN via our Low Grav Zark UT2003 clan. (The forum trolls will have something to say about that!) We joined up and had lots of fun meeting the same familiar clans but this time it was different. Different in a good way.

We all had a say on which maps we wanted to play and the maps we did play were randomly chosen so we couldn't play the same map each day which was one my favourite features. Too many clans would have liked to stick to their preferred maps.

Of course the rules were defined initially by those running the ladder. This was fine as the head admins had plenty of experience in the community to get this started but then we were all asked for our input on them! So we now all had the same rule set to work to and to top that off we had referee's to make sure we all stuck to those rules.

We had a path to which we could protest if we needed it and we had an excellent challenging system for our captains to arrange and schedule the matches and the whole FN system worked out the scores for us.

So that's why I joined FN.

After a season or two, I believed I could do a better job than the present head admin. I recall what I didn?t like; a rule change was made mid-season and it had big impact on my clan so I decided that this could not be allowed to happen again, changing rules mid-season must be a flaw in all competition I thought. At least that was my opinion and I knew I had to get something done. I knew I'd have more impact on the game if I stepped up and worked from the inside out.

I found I had lots of help from the existing admins and without realising it, I'd found a home.

So that's why I worked for FN.

Before long, I was working with people more than with ladders and this was the start of a whole new angle for me. I wanted gaming to be fair for everyone and this was my driving ambition. Not just to work to the 'by gamers for gamers' but to produce the best possible on-line gaming experience for everyone. It's a massive buzz watching many hundreds of people enjoy working for FN and having a positive effect on so many.

My FN career was born.

Now of I am retired. I played my part and now there are better people then I running the show. They have even more drive, just as much ambition and they too share the same level of passion and dedication to succeed.

FN keeps evolving and never have I seen an on-line community flex with its visitors quite like FN. So much has changed over the years because YOU asked for change and I think that is incredible and why I think you love FN.

Frag On FN!

Private Message userView ProfileView user website

PreFirez ThVMember Rating: Honorable

Last Earned Achievements:3 YearsCompleted a SeasonFollow the LeaderTeam PlayerRadio Operator

United States
Why Fraggednation?

to put it plainly......they literally have the most to offer....if you want to avoid the GB drama and the MLG wanna bes....this is the place to be...play have fun, and occasionally win some kicka## stuff. Once I found this place, I have blasted their name all over Xbox, Facebook, wherever i could. Not to mention, the admin ship here supports you while you are supporting them....MANY MANY opportunities here on this site...always adding new sponsors, supporting tournies...what more can you ask for...that is why i choose FN

Private Message userView ProfileAOL Instant MessageMSN Instant MessageView user website

Just EclipseMember Rating: l337Staff Rank:Sgt. Major
Head Admin

Last Earned Achievements:GooberOver-Achiever2 YearsBecame a Game DirectorOne Day at a Time

United States
I was here since the day I became 13 I most like the staff role helping other people it will never get old and hopefully I stay on staff for years to come!

Private Message userView ProfileSkype Voice Communication

FN infatuationMember Rating: Veteran

Last Earned Achievements:The Long HaulChallengerFirst Place Finish1 YearSend a Postcard

United States
DBLDeathDealer wrote:

Why do I do this?

Like a boss.

173rd Airborne Brigade - OEF X

Private Message userView ProfileView user websiteSkype Voice CommunicationSteam ID

OrangUtangMember Rating: Godmode
Forum ModeratorsOperations Staff

Last Earned Achievements:Repeat Second PlaceDevoteesTutorFocused GamerFocus Mime

Ghana
I would like to revive this thread and ask any new members:

How did you find out about FN and what made you come here?

Don't raise your voice, improve your argument!

Signature by FRAG V1PER.
Private Message userView ProfileView user websiteXFire Instant MessageSteam ID

MattyyMember Rating: l337

Last Earned Achievements:2 YearsTelemarketerSend a PostcardRadio OperatorOne Day at a Time

Croatia
I am part of the Uncharted Community and we needed something competitive besised regular NON FN clan battles. tripleWRECK and Squid introduced FN to the Uncharted community and I'm really thankful for that. This webstite is awesome and amazingly designed. Great community and staff, and I hope I will be still active on FN until Battlefield 4 and maybe Uncharted 4.

Private Message userView Profile

Riddimworks

Last Earned Achievements:Junk MailerLikedInviterLadder PromoterFound Forum

United Kingdom
OrangUtang wrote:
I would like to revive this thread and ask any new members:

How did you find out about FN and what made you come here?

Riddimworks

Last Earned Achievements:Junk MailerLikedInviterLadder PromoterFound Forum

United Kingdom
I watched a recommendation vid from Triple Wreck's YT Channel and joined from last year, but I'm just getting into it now, with The Last of Us' inclusion in FN's list of games. the admins are friendly and very helpful with enquiries EAQ's and troubleshooting. looking forward to networking with the community

United States
Riddimworks wrote:
I watched a recommendation vid from Triple Wreck's YT Channel and joined from last year, but I'm just getting into it now, with The Last of Us' inclusion in FN's list of games. the admins are friendly and very helpful with enquiries EAQ's and troubleshooting. looking forward to networking with the community

Great to have you in the community.

Enjoy your time and let us know if you need anything.

#BeyoncéMember Rating: l337

Last Earned Achievements:Rate ThisForum TrollTeam ReviewerShow-off4 Years

United Arab Emirates
Simple answer: UT99 brought me here, now i switched my platform to xbox 360

Private Message userView ProfileSkype Voice Communication

Go to:12

There are 24 members logged in, and 349 guest(s).
[Global Directors], [Operations], [Platform Directors], [Game Directors], [Head Admins], [Referees], [Community Staff], [News Team

ARK ANGELS, yahtzy, hbk314, King of ExcusesMember Rating: Credible, IpGizzle, Toof1ess, glitched monkey, looklook°, TroJan Danger°, FGH-Lovely-libra°, NinjaNife°, clearshot°, xKiim tooLeGiiT°, IiIBerserkerIiIMember Rating: Respectable°, gvrhbf, BigBootyTimmy°, -FGH-[Super_Boy]°, rokis°...Show All 24 Online Members

There are 170,789 accounts registered, and 31,987 teams competing on all 2,119 Ladders, and 1,846 Tournaments.

FraggedNation has had 169,708,489 hits since 09-15-2003. 34,712 hits today, and 37,509 hits yesterday.Page Rendered in 0.8538(s)

2011 Nation Fusion, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Website engine's code is copyright by FraggedNation.com and Nation Fusion, Inc.
FraggedNation.com is powered by Proteus v3.2 2008 by Mainstay Technologies
Privacy Policy, Terms of Service