• Check out the latest Gamer News
  • New features added daily!
FraggedNation Home

General Discussion

General Discussions

results from head admin meeting 3/7/04

General Forums Index»General Discussions»results from head admin meeting 3/7/04
BadDeath|FN|Member Rating: Veteran

Last Earned Achievements:Answering MachineRadio OperatorJunk MailerTeam PlayerVanity

United States

Subject: results from head admin meeting 3/7/04

As everyone should already know we held a season ending meeting between all Admins of the ZC Ladder to discuss season 2 and to talk about whats in store for season 3. I feel this meeting was a great success the turn out was excelent and instead of being the 1 hour meeting we planned it turned into a 3 hour meeting. Im am going to post some of the things we discussed and some of the changes that are in store.

LADDER RULES:

Admins will no longer run Multiple team ladders.

The Admins now have the ability to offer bonus point incentives for teams or players who show up on time for matches.

The ZARK RIFLE mutator that blocks your ability to turn mouse look off will be mandatory for all ladder servers.

GENERAL LADDER STUFF.

There will be a Head admin opening for the UT99 3vs3 CTF ladder. This position will be open at the start of season 3. Anyone interested please contact FLAN.

There will be a head admin opening for the UT2k3 3vs3 ladder. anyone interested please see REAPER.

We have discussed the possibility of dropping the UT2K3 5vs5 ladder due to inactivity. There will be a poll started regarding this in the 2K3 5vs5 ladder forums.

The UT99 Rocket Arena Ladder will be discontinued after season 2 due to inactivity.

There will be a mandatory once a month meeting for all ladder admins from this point on.

There was a discussion on whether or not ADMINS should be allowed to compete on thier own ladders. This discussion was left open and no decision has been made yet.

There will be a training and orientation program set up for all Refs. This will be mandatory. This program will include a Video demonstration of what flag camping is and is not. This Project is being headed up by FLAN and myself. NOTE: all current refs will be required to go through this program once it is in place. This will also include meetings from time to time.

Refs will now have the ability to see the comment section of team and player accounts. All refs will need to start sharing comments about teams they have watched. This will give refs a better idea of what they are going up against.

IMPROVEMENTS AND ADDITIONS

The anti cheat security on all ladder servers will go through a major upgrade and will be held to much higher standards.

We will be adding UT2K4 to the ladder. We will start with a 1vs1 DM ladder and a 2vs2 DM ladder.

THE FUTURE

We have discussed the possibility of expanding this site much further. Instead of limiting this to just Unrealtournament we are looking at exploring other games as well.

As you know there is already webhosting and Team speak servers available through ZC. There is game hosting available as well. Please see SWITCH if you are interested or have any questions.

Again i would like to thank everyone who has supported Zarkcommunity.com....

Private Message userView ProfileMSN Instant MessageView user website
Last edited by SwitchMember Rating: Godmode on 05-26-04 at 09:04am Edited 4 time(s) total

{FmZ}DER_TOTE

Last Earned Achievements:Junk Mailer

United States
-ZS-Baddeath wrote:

There will be a training and orientation program set up for all Refs. This will be mandatory. This program will include a Video demonstration of what flag camping is and is not. This Project is being headed up by FLAN and myself. NOTE: all current refs will be required to go through this program once it is in place. This will also include meetings from time to time.

so do we have a date for this yet?

Private Message userView ProfileAOL Instant MessageMSN Instant Message

{BaC}PLAYMember Rating: Veteran

Last Earned Achievements:BroadcasterProclaimerTattletaleJedi NewbYou have Blogged!

United States
I just read through most of the forums on here and was pleased to see the results from the head admin meeting from 3/7. 2 in particular that caught my attention is the following:
-ZS-Baddeath wrote:

LADDER RULES:

The Admins now have the ability to offer bonus point incentives for teams or players who show up on time for matches.

The ZARK RIFLE mutator that blocks your ability to turn mouse look off will be mandatory for all ladder servers.
The new Zark mutator is an excellent addition to the servers .

The one about bonus points though I have yet to see enforced. I inquired about this after a 25min wait for a ctf ladder match (3/21/04) to begin. I was told it was still under discussion, but I see by the forum that it was made official. I'm merely pointing this out cause many teams do make the effort to be right on time only to wait for others to pull their team together. I hope in the future when refs get as impatient as the team stuck waiting (patiently w/out bitching ), a light goes on in the back of their minds.

BTW: What is the bonus incentive going to be I don't see anything else about it

www.bacclan.com/index.php

Last edited by {BaC}PLAYMember Rating: Veteran on 03-27-04 at 05:38pm Edited 2 time(s) total

BadDeath|FN|Member Rating: Veteran

Last Earned Achievements:Answering MachineRadio OperatorJunk MailerTeam PlayerVanity

United States
Yes the bonus point incentive is in place and is at the ADMINS discretion. DemonBitch gives 25 bonus points to any team that arrives on time to a 3vs3. Please contact your headadmin to find out more.

{BaC}PLAYMember Rating: Veteran

Last Earned Achievements:BroadcasterProclaimerTattletaleJedi NewbYou have Blogged!

United States
Thank you Baddeath

There are 41 members logged in, and 196 guest(s).
[Global Directors], [Operations], [Platform Directors], [Game Directors], [Head Admins], [Referees], [Community Staff], [News Team

NinjaNife, M9Servers, Sneaky ManMember Rating: Veteran°, RubberSwitch, EvO ZeroHour MG°, xEpsilon, YOSHId-_-bMember Rating: Honorable, GaLaXy__VorteX, LeSuisseQcMember Rating: Credible, V3G4, Info maximum°, xogpressurex, Error_werrygood1, SwaggyYOLOTurd, NikeToTal90-Member Rating: Credible°, jashik00009°, .m.o.n.t.a.n.a.°, TheKingOfKevins°...Show All 41 Online Members

There are 173,956 accounts registered, and 32,458 teams competing on all 2,195 Ladders, and 1,954 Tournaments.

FraggedNation has had 172,477,704 hits since 09-15-2003. 17,714 hits today, and 33,702 hits yesterday.Page Rendered in 0.1927(s)

2011 Nation Fusion, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Website engine's code is copyright by FraggedNation.com and Nation Fusion, Inc.
FraggedNation.com is powered by Proteus v3.2 2008 by Mainstay Technologies
Privacy Policy, Terms of Service